Re: checklist (Re: 2.6.17-rc2-mm1)

Hi,

On Thursday 27 April 2006 23:22, Martin Bligh wrote:
> Andi Kleen wrote:

> >>heh. we could do some basic stuff at least. run through lindent, and see
> >>if it changes ;-)
> >
> > Good luck weeding out the false positives from that.
>
> Yes, I was joking.
>
> >>Can't tell whether that was meant to be positive or negative feedback.
> >>All this would require is "email patch to [email protected]".
> >

> > I meant it would be better if it happened automatically when the patch
> > is submitted through the normal channels.
>
> It would, and it pretty much does right now, in that we test -mm
> (OK, we don't run sparse, but that's easy to fix). What I was trying to
> do was take the burden off Andrew for handling the testing of every
> single patch, which means getting the developer to deal with it.
> Personally, I don't think "please email your patch in for automated
> testing" is too much to ask from them.
>
> It'd be easy to make the automated tester forward it to Andrew or
> whatever, if it passed the tests.

I think an automated tester would be a good tool for developers if it could
email the results back to them.  At least I would be using it. :-)

And if you want to make developers use it, you can design it to generate
a unique tag for each patch successfully tested and ask the developers to
include these tags in the patch headers.

Greetings,
Rafael

--
dr Rafał J. Wysocki