Re: checklist (Re: 2.6.17-rc2-mm1)

Andi Kleen wrote:
On Thursday 27 April 2006 23:00, Martin Bligh wrote:

Some Unixes have a cstyle(1). Maybe there is a free variant of it
somewhere. But such a tool might put a lot of people on l-k out of job @)

heh. we could do some basic stuff at least. run through lindent, and see
if it changes ;-)

Good luck weeding out the false positives from that.

Yes, I was joking.

Can't tell whether that was meant to be positive or negative feedback.
All this would require is "email patch to [email protected]".

I meant it would be better if it happened automatically when the patch
is submitted through the normal channels.

It would, and it pretty much does right now, in that we test -mm
(OK, we don't run sparse, but that's easy to fix). What I was trying to
do was take the burden off Andrew for handling the testing of every
single patch, which means getting the developer to deal with it.
Personally, I don't think "please email your patch in for automated
testing" is too much to ask from them.

It'd be easy to make the automated tester forward it to Andrew or
whatever, if it passed the tests.

M.