From: Leubner, Achim
Sent: Dienstag, 18. April 2006 16:41
To: 'Christoph Hellwig'; [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: RE: HEADS UP for gdth driver users

Hi all,

The patch looks good for 2.6.17-rc1. Christoph, did you already make the second patch for the real switchover?
Will only the scsi_allocate_request()/scsi_do_req()/scsi_release_request() be removed in the next kernel releases? - I'm wondering if I could use the scsi_get_command()/scsi_put_command() functions to get a Scsi_Cmnd struct. and to send it to the gdth_queuecommand()/gdth_next(). I'm willing to make and test the second patch but please give me some hints what functions you plan to kill and what function we can still use.

Thanks & Regards,
Achim

Achim Leubner
Software Engineer / RAID drivers