Re: Problems (lockup/hang) with PCI-X slot on X5DPL motherboard

Jesse Brandeburg wrote:

On these supermicro systems often they have jumpers to control the slots,
are they set correctly?  Make sure that if your e1000 and slot six are
sharing a bus, that neither of them is running at faster than PCI-X 100 MHz
(check in ethtool -d ethX for e1000)

Is there a way to find out bus speed for other slots/cards?

so do the other slots work okay with your MV card?  The supermicro systems
had tons and tons of ACPI table problems, so you may want to look closely at
your dmesg and / or try acpi=off kernel boot line.

In general, yes, though I just had a lockup with this new MV card in my test system. Otherwise, my X5DPL-TGM with on MV card in slot 4 and one Intel GigE in slot 5 has been quite stable.

If you think you're having a network problem posting to
[email protected] would be good.

I think it's only related to device/bus issues, not in general.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I'll be trying to turn down the bus speed in the BIOS to see if that help.

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222