Re: HP Pavilion dv5320us, amd64 'turion' cpu

On Saturday 15 April 2006 19:57, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I've been dl'ing and burning cd's and dvd's at a furious rate for
> several days now, looking for a 64 bit distribution that will actually
> boot on this thing, apparently in vain.  i386 stuff works fine.
> The kubuntu 'breezy' 5.10 locks up at the ACPI line regardless of what
> kernel options you pass trying to disable it.

If you really can't get it working, building an AMD64 cross compiler and an
AMD64 kernel on a 32bit only distribution is surprisingly easy. It would
allow you to debug any 64bit specific problems whilst allowing you to fall
back on the comforts of a working kernel..

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

'No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway.'
Third year Computer Science undergraduate.