Re: [patch] Ignore MCFG if the mmconfig area isn't reserved in thee820 table

Andi Kleen wrote:
In theory they should be the same. What do you think is different?

in practice the x86-64 version returns "success" if there is one byte in the entire
memory range that complies with the requested type, even if the rest of the range is
of another type. What the ideal is for the purpose here is "is the entire range reserved",
but for now I'll settle for "is the start address reserved".

(and yes you can express the "is the start address reserved" as a question to the current function for
a 1 byte range, I probably should do that I suppose)