Re: [ALSA] ISA drivers bailing on first IS_ERR

At Fri, 24 Mar 2006 06:33:02 +0100,
Rene Herman wrote:

> Hi Takashi.
>
> If as per the previous message an error return from the probe() method
> should make platform_driver_register_simple() return IS_ERR, then the
> SNDRV_CARDS loop should continue with the next one, instead of bailing.
>
> If the bus_add_device() patch and the attached is applied, the pre
> platform_driver behaviour of not loading on not finding any devices (and
> printing a message to that effect) is restored. Without, the printk is
> dead code.
>
> This has been generated against 2.6.16 + the earlier !enable[i] patch.

These looks OK to me.  Could you regenerate patches against the latest
git (or ALSA CVS) ?

Or, it might be better against to mm tree, since pnp registrations
will be modified there, too.  They should go also to mainstream
together.

Nevertheless, the patches (this and the previous one) are good to go
to stable tree, too.

thanks,

Takashi