Re: [patch 1/1] pc-speaker: add SND_SILENT

On 3/23/06, Stas Sergeev <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Because
> > next time you want to disable for example a framebuffer driver because
> > you have written better one and you are back to square 1.
> The difference is that the snd-pcsp and pcspkr drivers are doing the
> completely different tasks. snd-pcsp doesn't absolete pcspkr - being
> an ALSA driver it only plays sound, but doesn't do the console beeps,
> thats the problem. Somehow I have to make sure they both can peacefully
> co-exist. Making them mutually exclusive is bad, and making them
> dependant (by calling into each other directly) is also rather bad.

OK, you need to tell me again what snd_pcsp and what exactly it
functions are, because I am confised at the moment. If it is just for
playing sounds/music through PC speaker then I don't understand why
you want to disable pcspkr driver - if people don't like terminal
beeps they can disable it.

--
Dmitry