Re: gettimeofday order of magnitude slower with pmtimer, which is default

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:19 am, OGAWA Hirofumi wrote:
> john stultz <[email protected]> writes:
> > In my TOD rework I've dropped the triple read, figuring if a problem
> > arose we could blacklist the specific box. This patch covers that, so it
> > looks like a good idea to me.
> >
> > I've not tested it myself, but if you feel good about it, please send it
> > to Andrew.
>
> Current patch is the following. If I'm missing something, or you have
> some comment, please tell me. (Since I don't have ICH4, ICH4 detection
> is untested)
>
> Thanks.

Looks good. Just some minor grammar comments

+ * The power management timer may return improper result when read.

Change to "may return an improper result" or "may return improper results"

+                       printk(KERN_WARNING
+                              "* Found PM-Timer Bug on this chip. For
workarounds a bug, this timer\n"
+                              "* source is slow. Other timer source may be
proper (clock=)\n");

Change "Other timer source may be proper" to "Consider trying other timer
sources"

+                      "* This chipset may have PM-Timer Bug, For workarounds
a bug,\n"
+                      "* this timer source is slow. If you are sure, please
use \"pmtmr_good\"\n"
+                      "* for disabling the workaround\n");

Change "For workarounds a bug" to "Due to workarounds for a bug"
Change "If you are sure" to "If you are sure your timer does not have this
bug"
Change "for disabling the workaround" to "to disable the workaround"

Cheers,
Con