Re: [Suspend2-announce] Nigel's work and the future of Suspend2.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 10:08:46PM -0800, Tom Marshall wrote:

> I have the opposite problem, more or less (S3 not swsusp):
>
> I have two identical (except for different model drives) Thinkpad T42
> laptops that exhibit the same behavior.  S3 mostly works but occasionally
> fails to resume, for values of occasionally that vary between 1-2 successful
> resumes before failure to several dozens.

> If anyone is willing to work with me on tracking down the issue in a vendor
> kernel (Ubuntu Dapper), I would be more than happy to apply debug patches
> and supply any debug info requested.

AFAIK Ubuntu always uses "vbetool post" and "vbetool vbestate save/restore"
on most Thinkpads.

I'd say - get rid of this and instead put "acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode" on
the kernel command line. The whole vbetool magic is a bit suspicious to me.
--
Stefan Seyfried                  \ "I didn't want to write for pay. I
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices      \ wanted to be paid for what I write."