RE: 2.6.16-rc5: known regressions [TP 600X S3, vanilla DSDT]

>> Hmm,  we can continue to have fun with debugging. Right?
>
>Definitely, I haven't given up.

Great!

>>> The second sleep.sh hangs going to sleep.  It is in an endless loop
>>> printing the following line, once per second (from the
>>> polling_frequency):
>>>
>>>  Execute Method: [\_TZ_.THM0._TMP] (Node c157bf88)
>
>I don't think these lines are a problem.  They just reflect that
>thermal polling is happening once per second.  So even though the ACPI
>system is hanging in the SMPI loop (as you say below), it is alive
>enough to poll the temperature sensors.
>
>> Also please mute THM0 polling.
>
>I retested the hacked kernel (with faked thermal_active/passive)
>but with no thermal polling, just doing
>
>  cat THM*/polling_frequency (they were all 'polling disabled')
>  sleep.sh  (works)
>  sleep.sh  (hangs in the usual SMPI loop)
>
>and it hangs as usual.

Good news, no new branch needed to track.
I assume the problem is still like _TMP & (_PSV | _AC0).

How about re-testing dummy _PSV and dummy _AC0 in DSDT?
Because, your testing result with dummy _PSV and dummy_AC0
IS NOT consistent with the result of hacking
acpi_thermal_passive/active.
Maybe I need to reconsider the impact of _PSV or_AC0 on the
platform.

How about  just faking _TMP in DSDT. I'm sure you have done this before.
But, I need to confirm that the problem is NOT _TMP | _PSV | _AC0.

Thanks,
Luming