Re: [RFC, PATCH 0/24] VMI i386 Linux virtualization interface proposal

Anthony Liguori wrote:
Zachary Amsden wrote:
This is by no means finished work. A few of the areas that need more
attention and exploration are (a) 64bit support is still lacking, but we
feel a port of VMI to the 64 bit Linux can be done without too much
trouble (b) the Xen compatibility layer needs some work to bring it
up to the Xen 3.0 interfaces.  Work is underway on this already, and
no major issues are expected at this time.
Hi Zach,

Can you please post the Xen compatibility layer (even if it is for 2.0.x). I think it's important to see that code to understand the advantages/disadvantages compared to the existing Xen paravirtualization interface. Likewise, any Xen performance data would be useful as there has been some discussion about whether VMI would negatively impact Xen performance[1].

About performance - I actually believe that it is possible to implement VMI Linux in such a way that it actually has _better_ performance on Xen than the current XenoLinux kernels.

I'm working on getting together the older interface pieces now.

Zach