Re: [future of drivers?] a proposal for binary drivers.

#include <hallo.h>
* DervishD [Sat, Mar 11 2006, 10:16:23AM]:
>     Hi Eduard :)
>
>  * Eduard Bloch <[email protected]> dixit:
> > This is no longer funny, it is on the same level as drawing a line
> > around the toilet box and saying: you cannot use it any longer, go
> > and piss somewhere else even if you have to search two hours for a
> > suitable place.
>
>     No, it's not on the same level. It's on the same level as giving
> your thesis draft to a comrade so he can study and pass his exams,
> and in turn he publish the thesis as his and charge money for that.
>
>     I don't want my work used by a corporation without giving any
> modification under the same conditions under I published my work.

Ehm, I think you are overlook a serious issue assuming that every touch
of non-GPLed software immediately implies use and abuse of GPLed
software. That is not what I am talking about! I talk about keeping
compatible interfaces.

But where do you draw the line between communication and abuse of
other's work? What is the point of deliberate merge of interfaces with
code if not throwing stones in ways of others? Going back to your
comparison, it is like distributing your thesis with a following
license:

Noone ever making reference to my work is allowed to use the following
words: <followed by a list of domain specific terms>. Invent your own
words, but those are mine!!!!!1

Sounds childish? Exactly like GPLing interfaces is.

> Binary driver can and will do harm if allowed.

Welcome at the dark side. "Only the Sith deal in absolutes".

Eduard.

--
Captain John Sheridan: Delenn, I have been working up a good mad all day and I
am NOT about to let you ruin it by agreeing with me!