Re: Serial Attached SCSI, An Architecture For Linux

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 09:18 -0500, Douglas Gilbert wrote:
> Luben Tuikov wrote:
> >             Me, early Jan'06: Paper submitted.
> > Linuxsymposium, 16 Feb 2006 : Paper approved.
> > Linuxsymposium, date unknown: Silently moved to a BOF, I was never notified.
> >             Me,  9 Mar 2006 : BOF rejected by me because last year I did held a SAS BOF.
> > Linuxsymposium,  9 Mar 2006 : moved back to a paper.
> > Linuxsymposium,  9 Mar 2006 : paper rejected.
> >
> > Serial Attached SCSI, An Architecture For Linux
>
> On the face of it, the Ottawa Linux Symposium has some
> explaining to do. This following quote is from:
> http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2006/cfp.php
>
> "Step 2 Committee Review"
>
> "The programme committee will review your proposal per
>  the guidelines above. Notification of acceptance or
>  rejection will be sent by February 15th, 2006."

I can understand a rejection; I mean, last year there was already a BOF
about the topic, which makes the "newness" of the talk less. In weighing
the undoubtedly very many proposals, the OLS committee needs to make
hard choices obviously; and I can see the point of preferring new talks
over talks which cover a topic that was discussed the year before.

that to me doesn't sound like a conspiracy, but just running a
conference sanely.