Re: 2.6.15-rt20, "bad page state", jackd

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 09:47 +0100, Heiko Carstens wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 11:36:04AM -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > Hi all, I reported this in mid January (I thought I had sent to the list
> > but the report went to Ingo and Steven off list)
> >
> > I'm seeing the same problem in 2.6.15-rt21 in some of my machines. After
> > a reboot into the kernel I just login as root in a terminal, start the
> > jackd sound server ("jackd -d alsa -d hw") and when stopping it (just
> > doing a <ctrl>c) I get a bunch of messages of this form:
> >
> > > Trying to fix it up, but a reboot is needed
> > > Bad page state at __free_pages_ok (in process 'jackd', page c10012fc)
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this?
>
> Actually I have a bug report that looks quite the same. Happens on s390x
> with lots of I/O stress. But that is against vanilla 2.6.16-rc4 + additional
> patches. I need to ask to reproduce that with a plain vanilla kernel, so
> that a git bisect search might help to figure out what is wrong.
> Unfortunately it seems to take hours before we hit the bug.

In my case it is completely repeatable.
Boot, start jackd, stop jackd -> problem appears.

This does not happen on all computers so it would seem to me it is
related to the sound drivers. I'll try to see if there is a correlation
with the sound card being used.

Is there anything else I could do to try to help resolve this?
-- Fernando