Re: PROBLEM: four bttv tuners in one PC crashed

Michel Bardiaux wrote:

>I dont see anything suspicious conflict. But 'overlay' has been
>mentionned, I'm not familiar with that but I assume it means you're
>doing video grabs directly to the X display, right?

Yes, I'm using xawtv + overlay directly to the X display :0.0. Is better way to use it with some WM (KDE, Gnome, ...)?

>Then it could be a problem with the graphics card or its driver.

On the mainboard is graphics card Intel 915. I have tryed it with i810 (with / without DRI) and vesa driver. I have also tryed PCIE graphics card from ATI. In all of those cases the PC freeze and as well as if is in PCI slot only ONE tuner!

>Just my 2 cents, because I am totally unfamiliar with such uses, sounds
>like a problem for the MythTV crowd.

I'm totally lost! I have here 25 PCs (100 tuners) what always freeze ;o(

Jiri