Re: Status of AIO

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 04:04:11AM +0200, Dan Aloni wrote:
> This somehow resembles the scatter-gatter lists already used in some
> subsystems such as the SCSI sg driver.

None of the iovecs are particularly special.  What's special here is that
particulars of the container make the fast path *cheap*.

> BTW you have to make these pages Copy-On-Write before this procedure
> starts because you wouldn't want it to accidently fill the zero page,
> i.e. the VM will have to supply a unique set of pages otherwise it
> messes up.

No, that would be insanely expensive.  There's no way this would be done
transparently to the user unless we know that we're blocking until the
transmit is complete.

		-ben
--
"Time is of no importance, Mr. President, only life is important."
Don't Email: <[email protected]>.