Re: PCI-DMA: Out of IOMMU space on x86-64 (Athlon64x2), with solution

Michael Monnerie wrote:
On Freitag, 3. März 2006 23:23 Jeff Garzik wrote:
I'll happen but not soon.  Motivation is low at NV and here as well,
since newer NV is AHCI.  The code in question, "NV ADMA", is
essentially legacy at this point -- though I certainly acknowledge
the large current installed base.  Just being honest about the
current state of things...

I'd like to raise motivation a lot because most MB sold here (central Europe) are Nforce4 with Athlon64x2 at the moment. It would be nice from vendors if they support OSS developers more, as it's their interest to have good drivers.

I second that.. It appears that nForce4 will continue to be a popular chipset even after the Socket AM2 chips are released, so the demand for this (and for NCQ support as well, likely) will only increase.

--
Robert Hancock      Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from [email protected]