fixed assignment of BARs for a "hotplug" device

It was suggest to me to ask this question on the PCI hotplug list by GregKH.

I was wondering if there are any examples on how to assign a device fixed BARs. In my situation I've got an FPGA in an embedded system. Other PCI devices (DSPs) expect the FPGA at a given PCI address. I haven't found any examples or interfaces that let me do what I need and thus suggested the following to Greg:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-pci&m=114142619805420&w=2

Here's a link to the original discussion:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=114140791428032&w=2

thanks

- kumar