Re: [OT] portable Makefiles (was: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest))

David Weinehall wrote:
12 December 2005; I wouldn't call that dead (or unmaintained).
Oh, and as an update, 3.81rc1 was release on the 19th of February 2006.
Yeah, very unmaintained and dead upstream...
None of the bugs I did report has been fixed.
Well, the bug you complain most about is about spewing of some
warnings for something completely harmless.  I know of another
certain set of software that spews unnecessary and annoying
warnings.  Those haven't been removed for despite complaints for
several years either.  Does this mean that cdrecord is an unmaintained
piece of software that's dead upstream?

This "cdrecord" package doesn't even support recording DVDs! DVD writers have been around for so long, and the technology is so similar you would think that the author would implement the feature. The users sure must be asking for it.

However it still seems to be being updated but not co-operating with the community or releasing new important features ... looks like we've got a piece of software that's UNdead upstream.

Sam.