Re: Odd sched behaviour; It takes 5 threads or more to load 2 CPU cores during kernel build

On 2/28/06, Christian <[email protected]> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 28. Februar 2006 20:59 schrieb Jesper Juhl:
[snip]

> > Do we have a scheduler problem?
> > An io-scheduler problem?
>
> I'm not really into this, but what happens if you simply start 5 different
> kernel-builds in parallel? I think if it makes a difference then this would
> mean that there's something wrong with make and you could eliminate the first
> two possibilities?!

Well, no need for 5 kernel builds in that case.
If I clone my source tree and then simply run
 $ make distclean ; make allnoconfig ; nice make
in each directory in two different shells at the same time, then both
cores get fully loaded.

--
Jesper Juhl <[email protected]>
Don't top-post  http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/top-post.html