Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

On Mon, Feb 20 2006, D. Hazelton wrote:

> > > This ground has been covered. And at least in the case of filtering
> > > commands, that had to be done quickly and you know it.
> >
> > We all know that filtering is not needeed to fix a bug. It could have been
> > implemented completely relaxed and without any time pressure as the bug
> > that needed fixing could have been fixed by just requiring a R/W FD to
> > allow SG_IO.
>
> In one post you complain that SG_IO is unneeded on /dev/hd* and related
> devices and in this one you say that it's all that would have been needed to
> fix a bug!
>
> Joerg, I think it's time you stop dodging questions, shifting blame and all
> the tactics you've been using and admit that you just don't like Linux. After
> all, every time you are asked to provide a technical basis for an argument
> you have three main tactics - Dodge it entirely, misquote POSIX or say "But
> Solaris does it this way".

Please stop CC'ing me on this pointless thread! Dunno who put me back,
but I have absolutely ZERO interesting in reading any of it anymore. I'd
rather get a root canal while listening to Michael Bolton and getting my
right leg sawed off.

--
Jens Axboe