Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

Joerg Schilling wrote:

Martin Mares <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello!

The main problem is that there is no grant that a new model will survive
a time frame that makes sense to implement support.
I bet that it would take less time to implement this support than what
you spend here by arguing and trying to prove you are the only sane
person in the world. Unsuccessfully, of course.

If memory serves me correctly, the current model is the 3rd incompatible one
offerend within less than 5 years.
With that I agree. Not only does the interface change, the details within a given interface must change.

If you did ever try to write reliable code that has to deal with this kind of
oddities, you would understand that it is sometimes better to wait and to inform
related people about the problems they caused.
This ground has been covered. And at least in the case of filtering commands, that had to be done quickly and you know it.

--
bill davidsen <[email protected]>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc