Re: oops, 2.6.15.4 + qla1280+md+xfs+quota (fwd)

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006, Nathan Scott wrote:
On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 10:30:34AM -0800, Chris Stromsoe wrote:
I sent this to lkml yesterday. Short description of the problem -- xfs on 2.6.15.4 without quota enabled is ok. When I try to mount with "quota", the entire machine hangs. Details are below.

Could you try without 4Kstacks just for grins? Thanks. There was a stack abuse accidentally introduced in the XFS quota mount path a month or two back - I have a fix for that pending so that may just be it.

I rebuilt with the same config, but without 4K stacks. I have the xfs partition mounted with quota enabled, and everything looks ok. I don't have any content on the partition yet, but this is further than I got yesterday. If you have patches to fix the 4K/8K issue, I'm willing to test them to see if they do fix the problem with 4K stacks.

EIP is at a whacky spot, and your stack trace is all messed up - not sure how we'd get into that situation on a mount with quotas, unless something really bizzare happened (like a stack overflow).

All of the stack traces I got back while testing were different, and none made much sense.

-Chris

cheers.