calibrate_migration_costs takes ages on s390

The boot sequence on s390 sometimes takes ages and we spend a very long time
(up to one or two minutes) in calibrate_migration_costs. The time spent there
differs from boot to boot. Also the calculated costs differ a lot. I've seen
differences by up to a factor of 15 (yes, factor not percent).
Also I doubt that making these measurements make much sense on a completely
virtualized architecture where you cannot tell how much cpu time you will
get anyway.
Is there any workaround or fix available so we can avoid seeing this?

Thanks,
Heiko