Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

Joerg Schilling schrieb am 2006-02-10:

> DervishD <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >     My system is clueless, too! If I write a CD before plugging my
> > USB storage device, my CD writer is on 0,0,0. If I plug my USB
> > storage device *before* doing any access, my cdwriter is on 1,0,0.
> > Pretty stable.
>
> You are referring to a conceptional problem in the Linux kernel.
> If you are unhappy with this, send a bug report to the related
> people.
>
> This does not belong to libscg.

No. You're shifting the blame, and this won't work here. You claim b,t,l
were more stable than device node naming (which is untrue, as proven),
and if it isn't because the assumptions in libscg don't hold, it's
still someone else's fault. In doubt, everything that isn't Solaris or
SchilliX is badly designed, a bug, or whatever.

That's a pretty egocentric view.

--
Matthias Andree