Re: git for dummies, anyone? (was: Re: How in tarnation do I git v2.6.16-rc2? hg died and I still don't git git)

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 04:03:58PM -0800, Paul Jackson wrote:
> Willy wrote:
> > BTW, have you tried cogito ?
>
> Yes - I used it for a little, until I discovered
> Matt Mackall's Mercurial (Hg):
>
>   http://selenic.com/mercurial/
>
> I've been a delighted user of hg ever since.

I did the opposite : I tried hg as soon as Matt announced it, but I
got lost in the "python dumps" which appeared at the slightest error,
because I did not understand what the problem was. Then I tried git,
at least to be able to keep in sync with Marcelo. With git, I had
some opportunities to catch some understandable error messages spit
out of some shell scripts even when not caught by the script itself.
But using it less than twice a week requires me to read the manual
again before doing anything useful :-(

Willy