Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

    Hi Joerg :)

 * Joerg Schilling <[email protected]> dixit:
> > > Do you _really_ want me to start a discussion conderning the content
> > > of your junk patch?
> >
> > I demand that you revoke and post a public excuse for that offense.
> >
> > The deadline ends tomorrow, Friday February 10th at 12:00 (noon) German
> > official time.
>
> Do you like to out yourself as a troll?
>
> You send completely useless things just in order to personally affront me.

    Joerg, it's really sad to see a person as talented and clever as
you resorting to personal offences. Matthias sent you a patch, hoping
to be useful; IMHO, you took it bad because he insisted on you
honoring the same kind of things you force people to honor when it
comes to the GPL. IMHO, that made his patch "junk" for you. The patch
is not junk, at least to me, but even if it was junk, it was the only
sane thing in this whole thread: code to proof things and fix things
that someone (many of us, as a matter of fact) thinks is a cdrecord
problem.

    He wanted to discuss the patch: if it is junk, that's the
opportunity to fix it and make it good, and avoid new bugs, why not?.
But instead of discussing the code (no matter if you just think that
it is crap) you offended Matthias (who, BTW, has been very respectful
in this thread, probably the most respectful one).

    You've been very unpolite, Joerg, and it is a pity, because
you're very intelligent but nonetheless sometimes you look like...
well, both know.

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado