Re: Which is simpler? (Was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.)

Hi.

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 19:37, Pavel Machek wrote:
> On Po 06-02-06 22:13:36, Lee Revell wrote:

> > > I understand that, but shouldn't the KISS principle also be applied
> > > the user interface of a feature?
> >
> > Personally I agree with you on suspend2, I think this is something that
> > needed to Just Work yesterday, and every day it doesn't work we are
> > losing users... but who am I to talk, I'm not the one who will have to
> > maintain it.
>
> It does just work in mainline now. If it does not please open bug
> account at bugzilla.kernel.org.
>
> If mainline swsusp is too slow for you, install uswsusp. If it is
> still too slow for you, mail me a patch adding LZW to userland code
> (should be easy).

<horrified rebuke>

Pavel!

maintainer. Telling people to use beta (alpha?) code or fix it themselves
(and then have their patches rejected by you) is no way to maintain a part
of the kernel. Stop being a liability instead of an asset!

</horrified rebuke>

Nigel