Re: Two Oopses at boot with 2.6.16-rc2-git1 - Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address ...

On 2/6/06, Jesper Juhl <[email protected]> wrote:
> I just got two Oopses at boot with 2.6.16-rc2-git1 :
>
> Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address f49667f8
>  printing eip:
> c0233ccf
> *pde = 00490067
> Oops: 0000 [#1]
>
>  <1>Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address f49668c0
>  printing eip:
> c0236ac7
> *pde = 00490067
> Oops: 0000 [#2]
>
> The oopses are not fatal. The system continues to operate (seemingly) just
> fine, in fact I'm still using the machine to compose this mail (I'll reboot
> soon though to see if it ocours again on a second boot).

It seems these two ooses were a one-time thing. I've booted the
machine a few times since (with the same kernel ofcourse) and I've not
seen the oppses again.
Would still like to know what could have caused them though.

> Complete dmesg output including the oopses, backtraces etc can be found
> below along with some information about my system - let me know if more
> info is needed.

[snip system details from previous mail]

--
Jesper Juhl <[email protected]>
Don't top-post  http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/top-post.html