Re: non-fakeraid controllers

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 08:51:26PM -0500, [email protected] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	This is not an attempt to start a religious flamewar about what is
> RAID vs. what is softraid vs. what is fakeraid.
>
> 	Does anyone has a list/refence/etc on reasonably modern SCSI
> controllers (at least u160) in a non-fakeraid way i.e. the way that would
> allow linux to boot from a RAID protected disk array when one of the drives
> in the array failed even if the root filesystem is located on the same
> array?

LSI 1030/1035 U320 (fusion) controllers have simple raid0/raid1 support

Adaptec and LSI still have some u160 or even u320 controllers in the aacraid/
megaraid series afaik, the present the same interface to the OS for parallel
scsi/sata/sas so it's a bit hard to say for me which is the most recent
parallel scsi one.

The old Mylex controllers supported by drivers/block/DAC960.c support up
to u160, and u320 with an IBM-branded controller which probably isn't sold
separately from IBM Equipment and probably not at all anymore.

The IBM i/pSeries integrated RAID supports up to U320 (drivers/scsi/ipr.c),
but you don't get it without an i/pSeries system.

There's Intel Branded, Adaptec manufactured RAID cards that support U160
SCSI, they're supported by drivers/scsi/gdth.c