Re: Which is simpler? (Was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.)

Hi.

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 10:29, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > > This point is valid, but I don't think the users will _have_ _to_
> > > switch to the userland suspend.  AFAICT we are going to keep the
> > > kernel-based code as long as necessary.
> > >
> > > We are just going to implement features in the user space that need
> > > not be implemented in the kernel.  Of course they can be implemented
> > > in the kernel, and you have shown that clearly, but since they need
> > > not be there, we should at least try to implement them in the user
> > > space and see how this works.
> > >
> > > Frankly, I have no strong opinion on whether they _should_ be
> > > implemented in the user space or in the kernel, but I think we won't
> > > know that until we actually _try_.
> > >
> > > That said, I like the idea and I'm going to work on it.  I'll also
> > > appreciate any help very much.
> >
> > Wow. I wish Pavel wrote replies like that. We'd get on a whole lot
> > better.
> >
> > Pavel, am I doing something wrong that I'm not clicking to, which is
> > stirring you up? I really don't want to. I want to work with you guys
> > instead of against you, but it seems to me like every attempt at
> > interaction with you degenerates into something far less than ideal.
>
> Nothing I could name... I guess I'll just let you cooperate with
> Rafael, he can translate ;-).

:>

> [Well, perhaps there's one thing. Have you seen Al Viro's mails? He
> tends to use quite a strong language. I guess asking you to talk like
> him is too much to ask (but it would probably help ;-), but notice

Heh. Maybe I should look at some, after reading that!

Maybe I can also encourage you to try not to sound so confontational?
Perhaps we can meet half way.

> that my and his native languages have quite a lot in common. Perhaps
> I'm doing poor job translating into English at higher level...]

Well, if we know it's just a communication and not a clash of
personalities, that alone should help.

Regards,

Nigel