Re: Which is simpler? (Was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.)

Hi!

> > This point is valid, but I don't think the users will _have_ _to_ switch
> > to the userland suspend.  AFAICT we are going to keep the kernel-based
> > code as long as necessary.
> >
> > We are just going to implement features in the user space that need not
> > be implemented in the kernel.  Of course they can be implemented in the
> > kernel, and you have shown that clearly, but since they need not be
> > there, we should at least try to implement them in the user space and
> > see how this works.
> >
> > Frankly, I have no strong opinion on whether they _should_ be
> > implemented in the user space or in the kernel, but I think we won't
> > know that until we actually _try_.
> >
> > That said, I like the idea and I'm going to work on it.  I'll also
> > appreciate any help very much.
>
> Wow. I wish Pavel wrote replies like that. We'd get on a whole lot better.
>
> Pavel, am I doing something wrong that I'm not clicking to, which is
> stirring you up? I really don't want to. I want to work with you guys
> instead of against you, but it seems to me like every attempt at
> interaction with you degenerates into something far less than ideal.

Nothing I could name... I guess I'll just let you cooperate with
Rafael, he can translate ;-).

[Well, perhaps there's one thing. Have you seen Al Viro's mails? He
tends to use quite a strong language. I guess asking you to talk like
him is too much to ask (but it would probably help ;-), but notice
that my and his native languages have quite a lot in common. Perhaps
I'm doing poor job translating into English at higher level...]

								Pavel
--
Web maintainer for suspend.sf.net (www.sf.net/projects/suspend) wanted...