Re: Suspend to RAM: help with whitelist wanted

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 09:42:25AM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Well, doing it at boot is slightly ugly; I'd like s2ram to just work,
> and not need boot-time-hooks. [If there's no other solution... what
> can I do, but I do not like it.]

Indeed. The symptoms are that X stops drawing the background to windows,
and it seems to be very strongly tied to saving the state while X is
running (even if X is not currently the foreground VT).

> Thanks for pointer! Anyway, AFAICT the list is not really adequate. It
> lists working machines, but does not really list all the switches
> neccessary to get the video working. (Well, it tries in some cases,
> *strange*, perhaps less switches are neccessary than I think?)

For machines where nothing is listed, we do POSTing and restore the VBE
state. These may not be necessary in all cases, but they don't seem to
be actively harmful except on the machines where they're explicitly
switched of.f
--
Matthew Garrett | [email protected]