Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: 2.6.15-mm3 [USB lost interrupt bug]

Reuben Farrelly <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Is this likely to be the same or similar issue to the IRQ 0 problem I see quite
> >> frequently on the SATA ports on later -mm releases?
> >> (see http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0601.1/1851.html)
> >
> > I doubt they are at all related.  In the USB problem the resource is there
> > but ACPI is routing it wrongly.  In the SATA problem the resource isn't
> > there to begin with.
> >
> > But then I know almost nothing about ACPI, so I could be wrong...
> >
> > Alan Stern
>
> Some good news.  I think it's fixed in 2.6.16-rc1-mm2.  In fact a whole boatload
> of problems I was having are fixed in this -mm release, including a nasty libata
> oops that seemed to have a few people scratching their heads.

OK, but probably that libata error-path bug is still in there.  It's just
that you're no longer taking the error paths.  And now we've lost our means
to reproduce it.

> I've now done in excess of 20 reboots with this code and haven't had either
> problem show up at all.
>
> So for now I'll keep a record of things for a bit longer, but I guess I've
> reason to be fairly confident that both this USB/IRQ problem and my ATA/IRQ
> problem are now fixed.
>
> It does make me wonder if the ACPI update in rc1-mm2 fixed it, and was actually
> the cause of most of my problems......it would be nice to know for sure.

We probably won't know.  Did you ever test 2.6.16-rc1 plus 2.6.16-rc1-mm1's
acpi.patch?  If that plays up we'd have confirmation.