Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: 2.6.15-mm3 [USB lost interrupt bug]

On 16/01/2006 4:46 p.m., Alan Stern wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Reuben Farrelly wrote:

From the information presented here, it looks like -mm1 correctly routes
the 1d.1 controller to IRQ 193 and the 1d.3 controller to IRQ 169, whereas
-mm3 incorrectly routes the 1d.3 controller to IRQ 193. That would make it an ACPI problem.
Is this likely to be the same or similar issue to the IRQ 0 problem I see quite frequently on the SATA ports on later -mm releases?
(see http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0601.1/1851.html)

I doubt they are at all related. In the USB problem the resource is there but ACPI is routing it wrongly. In the SATA problem the resource isn't there to begin with.

But then I know almost nothing about ACPI, so I could be wrong...

Alan Stern

Some good news. I think it's fixed in 2.6.16-rc1-mm2. In fact a whole boatload of problems I was having are fixed in this -mm release, including a nasty libata oops that seemed to have a few people scratching their heads.

I've now done in excess of 20 reboots with this code and haven't had either problem show up at all.

So for now I'll keep a record of things for a bit longer, but I guess I've reason to be fairly confident that both this USB/IRQ problem and my ATA/IRQ problem are now fixed.

It does make me wonder if the ACPI update in rc1-mm2 fixed it, and was actually the cause of most of my problems......it would be nice to know for sure.

Thanks,
Reuben