Re: Development tree, PLEASE?

On 2006-01-20T17:05:02, Michael Loftis <[email protected]> wrote:

> Right now as it sits, you have to bleed, or you don't get anything.  I
> think some more middle ground can be found...I'm just not totally sure it's
> wanted now after this line of discussion.

The usual suggestion: feel free to pick a kernel of your choice, and
keep maintaining it and backporting fixes to it, and make your tree
available for others.

You see, _nobody_ stops you (or someone else, for that matter) from
doing so. And if the need really exists, the users will come, and the
help with maintaining it will appear.

So far, people keep complaining that noone does it for them. Right. That
won't happen. If you want it, step up.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--