Re: Development tree, PLEASE?

Michael Loftis wrote:

And with nowhere to put patches that end up in maintenance releases we're forced to maintain our own private forks, and likely, because of the GPL, also publish these forks and incur all the costs associated with that directly, and hope they don't become popular/wanted outside of the customer base they're intended for, or skirt the GPL, and only allow customers access to this stuff.

You do realize that if you ship the code along with the product then you're fully compliant to the GPL? Your customers can do whatever they want with the code, but your obligations are satisfied.

Chris