Re: interrupt routing ATi RS480M (MSI Megabook S270)

Hi,

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 19:14, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> Check your bios revision. I had an irq routing issue too,
> till I updated to the latest BIOS version. Now both 2.6.14 plain
> and 2.6.15 ubuntu are fine, while 2.6.15 plain still gives me
> some error (happends when acpi is loaded and whole sysfs is scanned).

Ack. I already replied to myself that the BIOS update cureed it.

> I'm using noapictimer option to keep the clock running at normal
> speed. without it runs at twice the normal speed.

the disable_timer_pin_1  option helps too. But with APIC my box does not reume
and hangs after the suspend / resume cycle. With noapic I can suspend /
resume weeks without a hazzle. With acpi_sleep=s3_bios even the text console
comes back nicely. Though I mostly use X anyway. Only shutdown / reboot does
not work after resume. I think the BIOS hangs after the associated ACPI call.

> btw: what are you using for graphics?
> with (k)ubuntu breezy / xorg 6.8 the ati proprietory fglrx was
> flickering a lot. So I updated to (k)ubuntu dapper / x.org 6.9
> and tried both the open source radeon and the fglrx, but both
> are very unstable, writing emails in kontakt kills them often.
>
> so now I'm using vesa x11 driver which is terrible slow (too slow
> for playing movies) and uses 1024x768 while the display is 1280x800,
> but at least it is stable and flickers nearly not.

Since I'm alergic to binary only stuff I did not gave fglrx much tries - did
not work well anyway. I use X11R7 since the first release candidates
accelerated 2D works fine with the radeon driver. No issues even with week
long suspend resume cycles, that is it replaced my former Apple iBook G3
completely.

Distribution is T2 (http://www.t2-project.org) with mostly trunk:HEAD running
(that is modular anything).

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.t2-project.org