Re: 2.6.15-mm3 bisection: git-xfs.patch makes reiserfs oops

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 09:48:17AM +1100, Nathan Scott wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 11:14:58PM +0100, Mattia Dongili wrote:
[...]
> > you're right: git-xfs.patch is the bad guy.
> >
> > Unfortunately netconsole isn't helpful in capturing the oops (no serial
> > ports here) but I have two more shots (more readable):
> > http://oioio.altervista.org/linux/dsc03148.jpg
> > http://oioio.altervista.org/linux/dsc03149.jpg
>
> Hmm, thats odd.  It seems to be coming from:
> reiserfs_commit_page -> reiserfs_add_ordered_list -> __add_jh(inline)
>
> I guess XFS may have left a buffer_head in an unusual state (with some
> private flag/b_private set), somehow, and perhaps that buffer_head has
> later been allocated for a page in a reiserfs write.  Does this patch,
> below, help at all?

I won't be able to test and report until tomorrow afternoon (CET),
please be patient.

> I see one BUG check in __add_jh for non-NULL b_private, but can't see
> the top of your console output from the photos - is there a preceding
> line with "kernel BUG at ..." in it?

this is another shot of the same oops caught some days ago
http://oioio.altervista.org/linux/dsc03133.jpg
unfortunately it happened while running X so that's all I currently
have... and I can't remember now about the BUG.

oh, and BTW I have / and /usr on reiserfs while /home is xfs and I can
easily reproduce the oops by starting X (with a simple user so fiddling
in /home) and then installing and removing software in /usr.

thanks.
--
mattia
:wq!