Re: [SCHED] wrong priority calc - SIMPLE test case

At 01:05 PM 1/14/2006 +1100, Con Kolivas wrote:
On Saturday 14 January 2006 03:15, Mike Galbraith wrote:

> Um... try irman2
> now... pure evilness)

Hrm I've been using staircase which is immune for so long I'd all but
forgotten about this test case. Looking at your code I assume your changes
should help this?

Yes. How much very much depends on how strictly I try to enforce. In my experimental tree, I have four stages of throttling: 1 threshold to begin trying to consume the difference between measured slice_avg and sleep_avg (kidd gloves), 2 to begin treating all new sleep as noninteractive (stern talking to), 3 to cut off new sleep entirely (you're grounded), and 4 is when to start using slice_avg instead of the out of balance sleep_avg for the priority calculation (um, bitch-slap?). Levels 1 and 2 won't stop irman2, 3 will, and especially 4 will.

These are all /proc settings at the moment, so I can set set my starvation pain threshold from super duper desktop (all off) to just as fair as a running slice completion time average can possibly make it (all at 1ns differential), and anywhere in between.

-Mike