Re: [Patch v2] Replacing 0xff.. with correct DMA_xBIT_MASK

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, M.Gehre wrote:

> From: Matthias Gehre

Btw, when doing the "From:" thing, I'd really prefer the email address
too, so that it ends up in the author field.

In fact, if there is nothing that looks like an email address, my patch
application scripts will ignore this "From:" in the body of the mail, and
use the From: from the headers (now, in this case it obviously is the
right thing to do, but if somebody else passes the email on to me, it
would result in you not being properly credited as author for the commit,
although the commit _message_ would then have that "From:" line in it).

Having an email address in the authorship data is just too convenient (ie
something goes wrong with the change, and we need to contact the author or
similar).

			Linus