Re: 2.6.15-mm2: reiser3 oops on suspend and more (bonus oops shot!)

Hello,
I gave -mm3 a run:

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 05:00:37PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Mattia Dongili <[email protected]> wrote:
[...]
> > 1- reiser3 oopsed[1] twice while suspending to ram. It seems
> >    reproducible (have some activity on the fs and suspend)
>
> No significant reiser3 changes in there, so I'd be suspecting something
> else has gone haywire.

It's still there. But I caught it during normal runtime, a couple more
pictures (yes, I'm going to try to setup a netconsole):

the oops (sorry, it sucks, probably useless):
http://oioio.altervista.org/linux/dsc03136.jpg

a screen with the call traces, the keyboard was still active and sysrq
combos worked. It showed many processes stuck within reiser's log writer:
http://oioio.altervista.org/linux/dsc03138.jpg

going to revert the

> > 3- This laptop experienced 2 long stalls (20~25 sec) during boot,
> >    apparently after scanning usb_storage devices and starting portmap.

umph... it's still here call traces:
http://oioio.altervista.org/linux/portmap_stall_trace1

[...]
> There's not much point in fiddling with -mm2.  If git7 is OK then please
> test the next -mm and if it still fails then yes, doing a bisection would
> really help.
>
> <types madly>
>
> See http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/bisecting-mm-trees.txt

give me some hours for this.
Anyway I'd like to try to revert some reiser3 changes first and see if
the oops goes (I can leave with a longer boot but I'm worried about my
root fs :))

> > 4- I'm also affected by the ACPI Misaligned resource pointer error.

still here:
# grep -e 'Jan 11.*Misaligned.*' /var/log/syslog
Jan 11 18:07:10 inferi kernel: **** SET: Misaligned resource pointer: cff4b7e2 Type 07 Len 0
Jan 11 18:07:10 inferi kernel: **** SET: Misaligned resource pointer: cff4b7e2 Type 07 Len 0
Jan 11 18:07:10 inferi kernel: **** SET: Misaligned resource pointer: cff4b2e2 Type 07 Len 0
Jan 11 18:07:10 inferi kernel: **** SET: Misaligned resource pointer: cf657902 Type 07 Len 0
Jan 11 18:07:10 inferi kernel: **** SET: Misaligned resource pointer: cf657602 Type 07 Len 0
Jan 11 18:07:10 inferi kernel: **** SET: Misaligned resource pointer: cf657402 Type 07 Len 0
Jan 11 18:07:10 inferi kernel: **** SET: Misaligned resource pointer: cf657402 Type 07 Len 0
Jan 11 18:18:53 inferi kernel: **** SET: Misaligned resource pointer: cf657d02 Type 07 Len 0
Jan 11 18:21:14 inferi kernel: **** SET: Misaligned resource pointer: cf657d02 Type 07 Len 0

DSDT and lspci can be found here if useful:
http://oioio.altervista.org/linux/DSDT.aml
http://oioio.altervista.org/linux/DSDT.dsl
http://oioio.altervista.org/linux/lspci-v

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 11:00:16AM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
[...]
> > > 1- reiser3 oopsed[1] twice while suspending to ram. It seems
> > >    reproducible (have some activity on the fs and suspend)
[...]
> Suspend to *RAM*? That really does not do anything that should kill

Sorry, it seems it has nothing to do with s2ram.

--
mattia
:wq!