Re: Why the DOS has many ntfs read and write driver,but the linux can't for a long time

Hello,

On 9 January 2006 9:07, Yaroslav Rastrigin wrote:

> Whom and how much should I pay to have correct support for intel graphics
> chipset, 2200BG Wi-Fi, complete suspend-to-disk/suspend-to-ram and to get an
> overall performance boost ?

what kind of problems do you have with 2200BG? I think, that ip2200.sf.net
project is pretty good. For me, it works nicely (2915ABG).

For intel graphics - use your money and force Intel to release docs at least
about setting graphics mode on 830-945 chipsets. I'm open to contribute code
then. (As I did some hacking into X driver without docs just guessing).
Or gain NDA and docs from local Intel authorize reseller.

I was asking local Intel representatives to sign NDA and receiving docs for i915
graphics to provide free closed source driver at least. But no success, they
told me, if Intel will not gain profit from it, no interest...

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek