Re: 2.6.15-rt2 - repeatable xrun - no good data in trace

On 1/8/06, Michal Schmidt <[email protected]> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
> >>cdrecord does run with SCHED_RR/99 when started with proper privileges.
> >>
> > Ah, then it's likely that this isn't a real problem and it would be
> > expected to cause an xrun?
>
> By running cdrecord with a higher priority than Jack, you're telling the
> system that burning the CD is more important than not getting xruns in Jack.

Logically what you say makes sense but cdrecord, if it's running at
all, is running inside of an app called k3b. k3b doesn't seem to have
a config option for priorities, etc., so maybe it's hardwired. I'll
ask on the k3b list.

Sorry for the noise.

Cheers,
Mark