Re: mouse issues in 2.6.15-rc5-mm series

On 1/6/06, Frank Sorenson <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> >>The tapping works initially, then stops.  I hadn't put 2+2 together with
> >>the 5-second idle bit, but that seems the likely issue.
> >>
> >>I applied that patch you sent out yesterday, and now tapping works and
> >>I'm not seeing the mouse stall/jump problem.  I'm at 21+ hours uptime
> >>now, with no mouse problems, so I think setting the resync_time to 0
> >>looks like the right fix.
>
> > Frank,
> >
> > Could you please try the patch below and see if it makes tapping work?
> > Make sure you enable resynching by doing:
> >
> >       echo -n 5 > /sys/bus/serio/devices/serioX/resync_time
>
> With this patch (on top of 2.6.15-mm1, right?), I see the mouse
> stall/jump problem, but tapping appears to continue working.  The
> touchpad also seems to be extremely touchy.  I get spurious taps with
> very little pressure, and sometimes double-tap will select, then
> immediately deselect.

I just want to confirm that when testing the patch you forced the
touchpad into PS/2 mode with psmouse.proto=exps, right?

Could you please enable i8042 debug (echo 1 >
/sys/modules/i8042/parameters/debug), move pointer and do coulple of
taps and touble-taps making sure there is 5 seconds intervals between
events and send me dmesg. Or is the mouse jerky and touchy even while
you using it continuously, without 5 seconds pauses?

--
Dmitry