Re: [ANNOUNCE] Framework for automatic Configuration of a Kernel

Hi Ahmad,

Ahmad Reza Cheraghi wrote:

> Again another good Idea. Your right;-) Its better.
> But it better getting another way of detecting the
> Hardware/Software etc. from the System without using
> lspci or the proc-files...?

Well, the proc files are always here (it removes one requisite which is
to have lspci installed). So, I would go for the proc files.

> Something that gets all
> the Hardware Information directly from the I/O and not
> from the Kernel. The good thing about lspci is that it
> does both . But it doesnt say if there is  a CDROM or
> floppy-disc...

Well, lspci is for PCI bus devices, it's already a lot, but not
everything (that's why you need several scripts/methods to detect
hardware, I guess).

> I tryed alot to search for something
> like that but without any success. I heard about this
> Otopia Project. I google after it but I didnt find
> anything usefule. I think its dead.

I don't know this project.

Regards
--
Emmanuel Fleury

echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sb20293A2058554E494Csnlbxq'|dc
  -- Unknown