Re: [2.6.13] pktcdvd: IO-errors

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Peter Osterlund wrote:

> OK. Another option since you have one good and one bad kernel, is to
> try to find the point in time where it broke. If you are a git user,

No, I am not.

> you can use the "git bisect" method. If not, you can use -rc releases
> from ftp.kernel.org.

I think, I have an easier test - I just replaced the pktcdvd.[hc] in
2.6.13.1 with respective files from 2.6.12, and it worked. The diff is
pretty small, so, it should be possible to actually find the culprit
there. E.g., here's the comment, that came in with 2.6.13:

- * - Optimize for throughput at the expense of latency. This means that streaming
- *   writes will never be interrupted by a read, but if the drive has to seek
- *   before the next write, switch to reading instead if there are any pending
- *   read requests.

In the worst case, one could just reverse the patch for 2.6.14 and until a
solution to the problem is found.

Thanks
Guennadi
---