Re: 2.6.14-rc1-git-now still dying in mm/slab - this time line 1849

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 23:30, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Sep 2005, Alok Kataria wrote:
>
> > As pointed by Christoph,  In kmalloc_node we are cheking if, the allocation is
> > for the
> > same node when interrupts are "on", this may lead to an allocation on another
> > node than intended.
> > This patch just shifts the check for the current node in __cache_alloc_node
> > when interrupts
> > are disabled.
>
> Alokk, could you verify that this patch works?

Yes it does work at my end, i am still not able to reproduce the BUG so
don't know if we really fix that BUG.

> Petr, could you check that this patch fixes your issue? I am a bit
> skeptical. I do not think we have found the real problem yet. We need to
> have some way to reproduce the problem if it still persists after applying
> Alokk's patch.

Yep, that will help, if it still BUG's the information that you provided with verify_entry will be great.

Thanks & Regards,
Alok