Re: usb-snd-audio breakage

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 09:32:43AM -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:
> So module

That's up to that maintainer.

> and proc code

That is not true at all.

> will strip white space, but sysfs won't strip white space. Where is
> the consistency?

If you want to strip whitespace for all of your subsystem's sysfs files,
a single function call will do this.

After thinking about this for a while, and seeing all of the different
iterations that the sysfs-whitespace-cleanup patch went through, I do
not want to add this to sysfs.  It is very easy to add this to a
subsystem, or even provide a generic function to do this if you want to
(I'd be glad to add that to the sysfs core) but it's not for the core of
sysfs to do for all files.

thanks,

greg k-h